Feb 21, 2011

modification on squat/deads

as a suggestion from my bro, jeremy hines, decided to look into how i was training my raw squat and dead back in 2008 when i totaled 1914 raw since right now i know what i need to do to get my bench up from experimentation. we talked about how keepin it simple and old school was key. as i looked back i realized these were the things I WAS doin and it shocked me a bit...

- speed box squats with bands and immediately without bands
- squats/deads were done in the same session
- heavy raw squats for doubles or triples
- heavy raw box squats for doubles or triples
- reverse band squats(did twice during the 9 months i was doin bench only)
- box squats with bands and immediately without bands
- power machine squats(worked up to 1100 at one point)

at this time i was still squattin without knee wraps in training. when jeremy made me look at this, i realized this is what i should be doin right now. noticed i did a lot of band training off a box and raw...that shocked me and i wasn't worried about depth on squats probably cause i didn't post a lot of vids back then either for anyone to tell me otherwise. the GVT is good and will test it after this meet...9 weeks out and its time to focus on what's proven to work thus far and us it. squatting and deadlifting in the same session will be back as of next week. 

week 1- raw box squats up to fives followed by 5-4-3-2-1 on raw squats w/o box
week 2- raw squats with bands up to singles
week 3- raw box squats with bands up to triples followed by 5-4-3-2-1 without bands on raw squats
week 4- speed work with bands and w/o bands on raw squats
week 5- reverse band box squats up to doubles
week 6- raw squats up to triples

addin in power squats and front machine squats(3rd world squats really) as a sub for leg presses as i didn't do ANY leg presses back then. 

i'm glad jeremy made me look at this. my training was simple back then and even though i love trying new shit...sometime goin back to what u know doesn't hurt either. i wouldn't of stumbled onto this without experimentation and its still CHAOS training. starting this tomorrow ASAP as well as my road to gettin my squats deeper..
TB

No comments:

Post a Comment